Tuesday, January 5, 2016

2016--It's About Time

I just gave the blog a little celebratory New Year's Makeover! 2015 was my first real year of blogging (notwithstanding the actual age of the blog and that it was basically dormant the last quarter of 2015). 2015 and the blog saw me tackling some aspirational goals from fitness to strengthening friendships. None of these goals were met in their entirety, but I feel good entering this new year. I have been able to strengthen some of old friendships, but more importantly I have embraced and am grateful for all the love that surrounds me currently without looking back. Weight still is and is always going to be a struggle for me. When the exact right moment to go back to work full time is still alludes me (but I feel much more self-assured and closer to opting back in after my stint of working last summer). My whole house has been organized: Goal accomplished! But then it got messed up again--I guess that is an on-going struggle too! Sadly, the easiest and most tangible goal to reach was to finish my photo albums. They are STILL not pulled together, but I got three of ten down (counting 2015 makes 3/11)! I WILL get those done this year and share some of my favorite moments on the blog as I organize the albums. When I began this journey, my chief complaint about 2014 had been that I felt like I was just checking the boxes. I had worked hard to make beautiful moments for everything from my husband's fortieth to fantastic charity events and every holiday in between, but they were a blur and I didn't even take pictures. In 2015, I was able to slow my pace a bit and savor more moments. I actually thank the blog for that. I was using the blog as a motivator, but an unintended side-effect is that it is a nice journal. I hope to continue this trend in 2016--to consciously slow our pace--to savor more memories and share them here. Maybe I'll inch toward a goal or two along the way.

2 comments:

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

I was glad to stop by and see a new post! It's funny, when I stopped working, I couldn't wait to organize every inch of my house. I got bored before I finished, and whatever I did organize, is now in need again, but I don't have the excuse of working full time to blame for the mess :( I have several projects -- 3 digital photo books to make -- and a slew of home improvements. Last year, I didn't get anything done. Hoping for more productivity this year! Happy New Year!

Our Life at 31-derful! said...

Happy New Year!!! Hopefully by 2017 we will both be caught up!