Thursday, March 10, 2016

Hi, I'm Suzanne

I am linking up with Show Us Your Life over at Kelly's Korner.  I always loved reading this series and am thrilled to participate.   Today is all about introducing yourself.  So here goes:  I am Suzanne, and I don't know the name of my blog.

In 2009 I registered the blog  as the"stay-at-home-attorney."  Literally five minutes later, I decided that was a bad idea and dubbed it "Our Life at 31-derful."  It has never mattered that the blog didn't have a proper name because it is really just something for myself.  Occasionally the blog is a scrapbook--a place I can look back and remember some small thing I'd otherwise forget.  Sometimes the blog is a motivator, pushing me to clean my home in time for an organization challenge.  At other times it is just a place to do creative writing or share a party I hosted.  Mostly, though, it just sits dormant--waiting for me to read back over my own story or write another chapter.   Lately, I have been posting more frequently.  I find that I have evolved over the years and I like looking back. Here is who I am right now, today, in no particular order:

A wife of 13 years, which I'm finding is way different than being a new bride
A mom to girls who are no longer babies, but not yet teens
A homemaker-- a role that I finally feel no need to defend even as I relaunch my career
A semi-professional party planner and designer even though it has nothing to do with my training
A wannabee decorator
A not-wealthy philanthropist
A PTO mom and lady who lunches
A Jewish woman (I'm not religious but I love tradition and celebrate big)
A celebrator of occasions
An attorney and master's level social worker who finally doesn't give those things top billing
A former intellectual who now can't remember why I walked into a room...
A person on the cusp of 40 (!)
A Southerner transplanted to the Midwest
An old Tennessee sorority girl
A girl with a pretty face who would be so attractive if I lost weight
A person with many hidden insecurities that sometimes present themselves as bossiness
A person with loads of friends who overlook the above
A generally lucky, lucky woman with a great life and family

So that's me today.  Maybe you will follow along and see who I become!  I look forward to hearing from you and getting to know who you are




6 comments:

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

Well, FINALLY, a name! Hello, Suzanne! I'm glad to finally "meet" you! Sounds like who you are right now is WONderful! Looking forward to following along as you continue to figure out who you are going to become!

Heather said...

Nice to meet you. I"m a wannabe decorator, too. ;)

Donna said...

Visiting from Kelly's Korner! I have always been fascinated by the strong traditions and unique culture of the Jewish community.

Unknown said...

Love meeting who you are now!! And relieved I'm not the only blogger with an identity crisis :)
Glad you linked up to Show Us Your Life so I could discover you :)

Joyce said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. You have a full plate : ) I think life is more interesting that way. Where in TN? I'm married to a TN boy, and we are big Vol fans! I am a bit older than you, and have found every season needs a bit of figuring out. Enjoy your girls! Mine are in their early 20's and grown up girls are fabulous too!

Brittney said...

I blog for the same reasons. It's like a scrapbook that helps motivate me, inspire me and let's me connect with others. I look forward to stopping by again!