Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Pretty Passover Post Mortem

Every time we have a big event, my friend Anna and I like to do the recap.  You know, the post mortem where you go over every detail of an event--the good, bad and the ugly?  In this case, it wasn't really ugly because I had a pretty Passover Seder.  I don't have any pictures of the actual meal or the way it looked at night,  because we were in the middle of a religious holiday.  I do have some good shots of the table as it was being set! Wanna' do the recap with me???


Our group has outgrown my dinning room.  We held the service and dinner in our basement.  This isn't the best picture, but here you can see that we had one long adult table and two rounds filled with kids!


I served Champagne Cocktails, Sparkling Water, and crudites upstairs as guests gathered.  I am in love with these ""Next Year in Jerusalem" cocktail napkins that I custom-ordered from Stationery Studio!


 After a critical mass we gathered, we headed downstairs for the service and dinner.  Here is the adult table bathed in late afternoon light. All the food was eventually on the buffet.
From this angle, you can see that there was a dessert and coffee station in the rear.
We also had a wash station, as hand washing is a part of the ritual.  Some people have a special pitcher just for this, but I set up my own with things that we have:

Even though this is a very special holiday, I don't have enough good china to serve 40, so I went with upscale disposables and my "buffet" silverware--very industrial stuff for large crowds:

I used every wine glass we own and pulled out these adorable plastic L'Chaim cups for ice water.  They were shatterproof for kids and adults alike:

I had already purchased vases to do an arrangement of peonies and garden roses when one of our swet guests asked if she could provide the flowers.  I gave her florist my vases and they made these lovelies!  I am not going to lie, it was HARD handing over the reigns.  In the end it was a huge help to have one thing off my to-do list.  Aren't they sweet??
 On the kids' tables, we had bottles of grape juice and Passover finger puppets ( a plagues set and a four questions set).  The puppets were given to as baby gifts and we still use them!  Thanks Mindy!!!!

The meal is served in four courses--the ritual foods, a soup course , which I served in mugs, dinner and dessert.  All of it was beautiful, but I have no pictures because we were in the thick of it.  I will leave you with a picture of the sweet creation made my daughter. Not pinterest-worthy, but a yummy precious craft! From our house to yours, we hope you Celebrate all life's moments!



1 comment:

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

A very pretty Passover, indeed! Love the matzoh house - it's adorable! Thanks so much for linking up at Best of the Weekend!